"Almost nobody, I'm one of the very few. It's prohibited, you see. But as I make the laws here, I can also break them." -pg. 219
A very big parallel in this novel is the use of the stanzas. The citizens use the stanzas to explain things, release emotion, and also calm down. The savage, however, recites stanzas from Shakespeare's writings. These writings are banned though in the society. There are so many memorized lines and phrases that people just recite them instead of explaining themselves. This parallel is used by Huxley to show that even though these people don't live on plantations, they have more in common with the savage than they think. The main one, even though they forget it, is that they are all human. Even though they are bred to be different, everyone is the same and that is being human.
No comments:
Post a Comment