Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Allusions Galore
I feel like the poem "Convergence of Twain" was a big allusion itself. It told the story of The Titanic hitting that fateful iceberg. But was this iceberg collison just a stroke of bad luck or a plan conjured by God? In the poem, there are many references to God. Some of these include: Pride of Life, Immanent Will, and Spinner of the Years. The way the poem worded it, it came across as almost a wedding of the ship and iceberg. A line that helps reach this conclusion is: "The intimate welding of their later history", and "And consummation comes, and jars two hemispheres." From what I've heard, most weddings are planned. So with the question I posed earlier in this blog post, I think the author is telling us that the collision was planned. Sorry Leonardo DiCaprio, your character's fate was sealed before he even boarded the ship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment